Outfit: Uniforms

skirt I made, embroidered blouse c/o Shein (also in white), old flats, vintage belt, ring (gift, similar)

I admit to wearing a sort of a uniform in the more recent times. I just keep being drawn to simple A-line skirt styles and, well, I can never say 'no' to a good blouse like this one. While this particular outfit might resemble one of my older stylistic routes, one I called 'scout chic', it's also a bit of a deviation: I rarely mix colours of similar intensity. It's usually dark with light or soft with bright with me. Here, though, it's medium green with medium blue. That's a bit of a detour for me. I stay away from mixing colours like this for a good reason: I couldn't help but feel like this outfit was a bit too uniform-y. A bit too bland, in fact. this would have worked great for office but otherwise doesn't seem characteristic enough for me. I think with my contrasting features of dark hair and light skin, I need a similar contrast in my clothes to keep things nicely balanced and interesting. Here, stuff looked promising in the mirror but photos will always reveal the truth. Well, it's a good thing my blouse had this beautiful swallows and leaves embroidery! A saving grace, if you will.

I'm wearing a skirt I made, embroidered blouse c/o Shein (also in white), old flats, vintage belt, ring (gift, similar)

Photos by my boyfriend.


Follow

2 comments:

  1. śliczna koszula! hafty dodają jej niepowtarzalnego charakteru :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually rather like this outfit! It works tonally, I feel, and the leaves in the shirt go well with the green in the skirt. Maybe you could make it more special with a necklace?

    ReplyDelete